When you think salad, leafy greens are a no-brainer. But pasta salad? Too often, adding greens to a pasta salad—even lettuce or spinach, much less kale—changes the dynamic completely, and not in a great way. Fortunately, there's EasyKale™, so we can add the goodness of kale to a pasta salad without changing the experience.
This is my favorite quick-and-easy pasta salad; it's got a bit of a Greek influence with Kalamata olives and feta, and it's easy to make in 15 minutes or less. With EasyKale, this pasta salad has kale goodness without adding a leafy green that might mess with the texture of this dish.
As a bonus, it's even better the next day!
EasyKale Greek Pasta Salad
- 16-ounce package of pasta (I prefer tri-color rotini)
- 8 ounces of Kalamata olives
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon EasyKale™
- optional: red onions (if you like them); red pepper flakes (add spice)
- Cook the pasta according to the package until al dente or just a little past, depending on your preference.
- Drain the pasta and run cold water over it to help it cool. (You can also place in the refrigerator or let is sit with ice cubes until it cools.)
- While the pasta is cooling, chop the tomatoes and olives into halves or quarters.
- Place the cool pasta it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olives and tomatoes and stir to mix them.
- Add the feta cheese and mix again.
- Finally, top with the dried basil and EasyKale, mixing once more.
You're done! Dish the pasta salad out and serve with choice of dressing; I like Italian dressing or an olive oil and red vinegar mix.
Put the rest in the refrigerator (I prefer to refrigerate it without dressing) and pull it out as a leftover or for lunch the next day!